Apply for Gumasta License in Mumbai
There are many licenses which are required for starting or incorporating a business. Similarly, when anyone wants to start any business in Mumbai, Thane or in any part of Maharashtra they have to obtain Gumasta License for starting their business.
The Maharashtra Shops and Establishments Act 1948 empower the Municipal Corporations of every district of Maharashtra to govern the process of issuance of Gumasta License. All forms of business whether big or small even before any tax registration have to obtain Gumasta License for legalizing their business. Gumasta License is also required for opening current accounts of the business enterprise.
General Documents Required for applying for Gumasta License
- Pan Card which is mandatory for any type of the Business Registration in India
- Address Proof like Electricity Bills Copy or Rent Agreement or Sale Deed Copy or NOC from the Owner.
- Application Letter in the Prescribed Format by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
- Authority Letter for the business.
- Form A (Application for the Registration)
- Government Prescribed Fees
In some special cases like partnership firms and private limited companies some extra document are required for applying for the Gumasta License.
For Partnership Firms–
- Partnership Deed
- Pan Card of the Partnership Firm
- All the Partners ID & Address Proof
For the Private Limited Company–
- MOA/AOA of the Company
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Directors ID & Address Proof
There are special set of forms for the application and other purposes regarding Gumasta License which can be downloaded from the official website of the Municipal Corporations.
Application for Gumasta License can be filled both online through official website of Municipal Corporations and offline through Citizen Facilitation Centres.
Procedure For Obtaining Gumasta License Online
- Fill up the form online through official website of Municipal Corporations by paying the prescribed fee’s and take out the print out of final form
- Submit the same final form with all necessary documents as mentioned above in the Gumasta License office.
- The form is scrutinized by the Inspector and if it is complete and flawless the license is issued.
The same procedure is followed for the offline application also except the first step of online application because the form for the license is not filled online rather is filled through Citizen Facilitation Centres.
This is complete process and method for successfully applying and obtaining the Gumasta License.
Visit: Aapka Consultant to get Online Services of CA CS & Lawyers.