HOW TO SELL ON PAYTM?
Paytm which is India’s leading mobile wallet was started by offering mobile recharging, adding bill paytm and e- commerce, with products similar to businesses such as Flipkart, Amazon, Snap deal, Alibaba etc. So now paytm is another big giant in the e-commerce industry with their marketplace.
Selling your products on paytm is yet another opportunity for you to boost your sales, grow your online presence and earn up high revenues.This is the piece of writing to let you know how to sell easily on paytm with their marketplace Funda. First of all we need to know about the legal requirement which needs to be fulfilledjust not for paytm but for all marketplace. Even if you want to sell online through your portal then you need all these registrations which are explained below one by one:-
Pre-Checklist for the Registration on Paytm seller:-
a) VAT/CST Registration+ from state government.
b) Open a Current Bank Account on your Firm Name.
For the LLP and Private limited Companies you need also VAT/CST Registration.
Now the question arises what is VAT Registration for selling on Paytm?Ultimately VAT registration is a state tax which is imposed by the state government so that seller will have to pay taxes after they recover from the customer so ultimate burden of the VAT is on the customer which is passed from Dealer to Retailers.
Now the question comes in your mind, what are the documents which are required to sell on Paytm:-
- Name of the Business like sole Proprietorship Firm or Partnership Firm or Privatelimited company or LLP.
- Email address.
- Phone Number.
- Bank account number which is on your business name.
- Copy of cancelled cheque.
- VAT registration.
- Scan copy of
- Address proof.
- Electricity bill.
- Bank statement.
- Aadhar card.
- Passport copy.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Rental agreement.
Now moving ontothe process which is how to apply for the VAT Registration to register on Paytm:-
VAT (which is Value Added Tax is a multi stage tax for any business, involved in trading and manufacturing any kinds of products).Registration is state wise soevery state has their own rules and regulations but the common process to obtain VAT ID, to Register on different marketplaces:-
- Locate Office.
- Get application form and submit.
- Central sales tax registration certificate (Form A).
- Professional Tax registration certificate.
- Address and ID proof of the partner/ Director/Proprietor.
- Four passport size photographs of the Directors/Partners/Proprietor.
- Pan Card Number and Bank Account Number as the Proprietor/Partners/Director.
- Details of business activities.
- A copy of Rental Agreement of the business premises.
- Partnership deed (in case of partnership Firms).
- Memorandum of association and Articles of Association (in case of a Private Limited Company).
- Verification Process
VAT authorities inspect your business premises at a time prescribed by them.
- Payment of fees
VAT registration Fee: Rs 500.
- Proprietors Rs. 1000.
- Partners Rs. 1000 for each partner.
- Private Limited Company: Rs 2500.
iii. Fee based on your turnover:
- Rs 0- Rs 2,00,000: Rs 2000.
- Rs 2,00,000 – Rs 10,00,000: Rs 3000.
- Rs 10,00,000 – Rs25,00,000: Rs 6000.
- Above Rs 25,00,000: Rs 10,000.
- Issue of VAT registration certificate.
HOW TO SIGNUP ON PAYTM WEBSITE FOR SELLING ON PAYTM:-
- Go to paytm Registration Portal.
- Signup with your email and necessary details.
- Verify the email and provide the necessary KYC documents.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the paytm.
- Upload your catalogue of these products and start selling on paytm.
So, these are the steps or requirements which needs to be fulfilled to be a paytm seller.
Author: This blog is written by Ms. Deepali Singh, a passionate blogger & intern at Aapka Consultant.
How Aapka Consultant can help you:-
- Get free expert consultancy from experts.
- We available every time to solving your legal queries.
- Get one stop solution for all legal compliances.
- Process application within 24 Hours.
- Trusted by Most Valuable Startups.
- We Understand Startup Budget & their needs.
- Get quality services at pocket price.
Visit: Aapka Consultant to get Online Services of CA CS and Lawyers.