Directors Identification Number is an unique Identification Number allotted to an individual who is an existing director of a company or intends to be appointed as director of a company.Both Indian and Foreign Directors for an Indian company must register and get and identification number.
The central govt. will a lot this DIN.
Importance of Director Identification Number (DIN)
- DIN is a pre-requisite to incorporate a new company.
- DIN is important to trace the director so that they may not be able to cheat the people, investor’s and shareholders of the company and their money.
- It also helps to keep the complete database of Director regarding their past, participation in other companies and also their present
- DIN helps to keep complete information of directors of the incorporated companies so that they may not be able to deceive public and become traceable in case they found guilty.
- DIN has become mandatory for all the directors as per the recent amendment in the Companies Act, 1956. Hence one Director requires one DIN irrespective of companies he is managing.
Application for Director Identification Number (DIN)
For this, PAN card in case of Indian citizen and Passport in case of foreign national is required. The procedure for application of din is as follow:
1: Visit the Website http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/.
- Create User id.
- Click on the link Director IIdentification Number .
- Then, click on the ‘DIN-1 Form and download the pdf form.
- Downloaded form is to be filled offline and then upload it online along with the following documents :
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof.
- Photograph of the applicant
- Affidavit in the case of single name as per the guidelines
- Copy of passport in the case of foreign nationals
2: Upload Documents
- Once the form is filled and all the documents that are required to be uploaded are ready, then log in, in case if not log in earlier. After that select eform from the three sections available “Services, eForms, My Documents,”
- -Click uploads option in eform and uploads all the above said documents.
eForm has to be Digitally Signed.
3: Fee Payment
- Process further for the fee payment for DIN through Net banking/credit card. The fee for Obtaining DIN is Rs. 100/- only.
4: Directors Identification Number Generation
As soon as payment is done, DIN will be generated immediately
- Approved DIN – Approved DIN will be generated if Form DIN 1 is signed by a practicing professional i.e., Chartered Account.
- Provisional DIN – Provisional DIN will be generated if signed by an applicant or by the Managing Director/ existing director of the Company in which the applicant is a Director or the Company Secretary in full time employment of the Company.
To get DIN click here
Author: This blog is written by Ms. Chanchal Sharma, a passionate blogger of Aapka Consultant.
Company Registration I Trademark I Copyright I Patent I GST I MSME
ISO Certification I Website/App Policy I Legal Documentation
Annual Compliance I Connect Consultant
Visit: Aapka Consultant to get Online Services of CA CS & Lawyers.